1. The Bible’s Inerrancy– I believe that the Bible is the infallible Word of God. I believe it means exactly what it says and it says exactly what it means. I do not believe it is a message that changes with each generation. I believe the King James Version of the Bible is a word for word translation and the authority in scripture.
2. Five Solae – Five fundamental beliefs that I believe are essential to Christians.
- A. Sola Scriptura – Scripture alone is authoritative for the faith and practice of the Christian. The Bible is complete, authoritative, and true. “All Scripture is given by inspiration of God , and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness” (2 Tim 3:16)
- B. Sola Fide – Justification is received by faith alone (Apart from works) in Jesus Christ. Our faith is in the works of Christ, not our own.
- C. Sola Gratia – Salvation comes from God alone. It is His grace by which we are saved. We do not deserve it, we cannot earn it and we cannot purchase it. All we can do is receive this free gift that God grants us.
- D. Solo Christo – Christ is the only mediator between God and man and there is no other means by which we can be saved. Christ lived the perfect life and kept the law completely. It is through Him and His works we can be saved.
- E. Soli Deo Gloria – God deserves all the Glory for our salvation. It was His plan, His Son and His Grace that saved us.
Ephesians 2:8-10 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, and not of works, lest anyone should boast. For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them.
3. Holy Trinity – I believe in the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. All three are equal in power and all three are one.
4. Virgin Birth – All men inherit the original sin of Adam much like children inherit various traits from their parents. This seed is passed through the carnal mind and sown in the flesh. Christ, born of the virgin Mary, did not receive this sin seed. He was God in the flesh and completely sinless.
5. Resurrection of Christ – I believe that Jesus was crucified on the cross and laid in a burial tomb. On the third and appointed morning, He arose from the dead and ascended to the Father.
6. The Imminent Return of Christ – I believe there is an appointed time, that no man knows, for the return of Christ. He will return in the manner He left and will call His people to meet Him in the air. The dead in Christ will raise first and those that are alive will be changed. All believers will meet Him in the air and will never be separated.
7. Need for Personal Conversion – A person must be born again. This is something that one cannot obtain on their own. It is completely the work of the Holy Spirit. In order to be born again, the Lord must born you of His Spirit.
8. Actively Sharing the Gospel – The gospel is such great news it cannot be hid or kept secret. We, as Christians, are ambassadors of Christ and is our duty to always tell others of what Christ has done for us and what He is prepared to do in everyone’s life.
9. Believers Baptism – I completely disagree with any baptism (particularly infant or child baptism) other than the baptism from a believer who has repented of his sins and felt the new birth of the Holy Spirit. It is then a commandment to answer to a good conscience toward God.
10. Baptism by Immersion – I am a firm believer that Christ was baptized in the river Jordan by full immersion and not sprinkled. The baptism represents the death, burial and resurrection. Therefore, I believe it is important to be laid down, completely covered in the liquid grave, and then raised up to the newness of life.
11. Autonomy of the Church – Each church that is organized is to be a local independent body of believers. Each church is over its own affairs and not under the direct administrative control of any other body such as a national council, or a leader such as a bishop or pope. The only head of the body is Christ, not the authority of men.
12. Disavow Authoritative Creeds – Although I do agree with what some creeds teach (and may even list some of them), I disagree with the way many churches implement them. Reciting a creed or a prayer verbally (and even routinely) accomplishes nothing. It must be done from the heart.
13. Priesthood of all Believers – Every Christian has direct access to God and the truths found in the Bible, without the help of an aristocracy or hierarchy of priests
14. Gospel Ordinances – Believer’s baptism, the Lord’s Supper (Communion) and the washing of one another’s feet are the three acts of faith-obedience to the example and commands given by Christ for Christians.
15. Judgment – I believe that Christ will separate the just from the unjust. The just shall be with Him in heaven for all eternity while the unjust shall be sent to the lake of fire that burns for ever and ever.
16. Amillennial – I do not believe that the thousand year reign is literal. Most of the prophecies concerning end times were fulfilled in 70 A.D.(Partial Preterist View). The Millennium has already begun and is identical to the church age. Christ’s reign is Spiritual and when He returns He will establish His physical kingdom in heaven.
17. Minimal Dispensationalism – A series of chronological successive periods in history in which God relates to people in different ways under different covenants. The Minimal view supports three ages. The Mosaic Law Covenant (Genesis – Acts 1), The Grace Covenant (Acts 2 – Revelations 20) and the Kingdom Covenant (Rev 20-22).